One of our favorite credit card perks is our Priority Pass membership.
Need access to an airline lounge, even if you are traveling in coach?
You need a Priority Pass. This week, PP announced a new location at LAX!
We’ve blogged about Priority Pass in the last few weeks. Click here to read more about what Priority Pass is and how it works.
We’ve also reviewed a few of the PP lounges. In one recent past blog, we reviewed a different path Priority Pass seems to be taking by offering food and beverage credit where lounge overcrowding seems to be an issue. Here’s the review of the Sydney Priority Pass.
Seems that’ Priority Pass is continuing that path of branching outside the lounge and more into terminal restaurants. AND I’m OK with that. There are airports where I’d rather have a $35 F&B credit than be stuffed in a hot crowded lounge with nuts and bad drinks.
This weekend PP announced a “new” location at LAX.
Los Angeles CA – LAX Intl (Terminal 2)
First a few notes about this location:
- 10:30am – 12:00am daily. Cardholders will not be admitted into Barney’s Beanery outside these hours. The location is Airside – after Security Checks, Barney’s Beanery is located on the left hand side, next to Gate 22. Please note that the restaurant may exceed their seating limit at certain times of the day & access to the restaurant is at their sole discretion.
- Priority Pass Cardholders can use their lounge visit entitlement to receive US$28 off the bill. Each US$28 deduction represents a single lounge visit within the Cardholder’s existing lounge visit.
- If a Cardholder registers 1 Guest they will receive US$56 off their bill which will be charged as 1 Cardholder visit + 1 Guest visit on their account. Only 1 card per visit per Cardholder will be accepted at point of registration.
- The US$28 is valid for the purchase of any meal and/or drinks. To be eligible, Cardholders must present a valid card before placing an order. US$28 is non-transferable & cannot be exchanged for cash substitute or refund if the final bill is lower than US$28 per person.
- Cardholder is responsible for the balance if total final bill exceeds US$28 per person. Any remaining balance cannot be used towards gratuity.
You can see all the LAX Priority Pass locations by clicking here.
You must go after 10:30am, I’m guessing they have a huge breakfast run or they aren’t open yet.
Not a bad deal, especially with the few options at LAX. For example, you can only enter the Korean Air lounge in TBIT from 12:00 – 20:00.
Once again, a good meal in the terminal is much more valuable to me any day of the week than a crowded lounge. I applaud Priority Pass for thinking outside the box.
Have you been to T2 at LAX yet to give your PP a try at Barney’s Beanery?